The Red and Green War Coral is an exceptional color variety of Favites, a large polyp stony (LPS) coral often referred to as Moon, Pineapple, Brain, Closed Brain, Star, Worm, or Honeycomb Coral. Favites are the most common and prolific corals in the world and often share the same common names with their close relative, the corals from the genus Favia. Though very similar in appearance, the easiest way to distinguish corals from the Genus Favites from corals from the Genus Favia is to examine the corallites. The individual corallites of Favites corals share common walls that create a honeycomb appearance. In addition, the corallite walls of Favites corals are generally more raised and tend to be more uneven, accentuating the geometric appearance of the Favites corals.
The Red and Green War Coral injects an impressive burst of color sure to command attention in any reef aquarium. The Red and Green War Coral represents a new generation of exotic color varieties that are transforming the reef hobby. The deep red coloration sets off the green eyes to dramatic effect sure to put any avid coral collector on a warpath to obtain this beauty.
For continued good health, calcium, strontium, and other trace elements should be added to the water. The Red and Green War Coral will also benefit from the addition of supplemental food in the form of micro-plankton or brine shrimp, fed twice per week in the evening while its tentacles are visible.
The Red and Green War Coral is aggressive in temperament and will expand its sweeper tentacles at night well beyond the base. It is important to leave space between the Red and Green War Coral and neighbors in the reef aquarium. Care for the Red and Green War Coral is relatively easy, making it an excellent choice for the beginner to an expert hobbyist. The Red and Green War Coral requires moderate lighting combined with medium water movement within the aquarium.
We purchase our WYSIWYG directly from Unique Corals wholesale. They are kept under Eco Tech Radion XR30w PRO LED lights with an intensity of approximately 100 PAR and feed regularly with Polyp Lab- Reef-Roids and Yeast.
You are buying top quality Coral and Fish. Our fish are handpicked and they all have high quality, vivid color, and are will form because they are bred by some of the most experienced and reputable breeders.
If you are looking for a specific Coral or Fish, let us know and most likely we will have something of your liking in stock.
Shipping information. Please read carefully.
- Sorry, no international shipping.
- We can only ship to the US.
- We use 2 shipping methods to ship coral and fish. UPS 2 days delivery and UPS Overnight delivery
- We Ship from different Wholesale Suppliers from different areas. If you buy any Dry Goods, Fish and Coral from any one of our different Suppliers, you will be charged shipping from each location.
- We combined shipping of Coral and Fish. Shipping is based on a per box charge form each location.
- If we need to contact you for any reason about your order, shipping of your package may be affected. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary. Orders are subject to verification of information and you may be contacted by phone or email. We ship for arrival to the customer upon verification of payment.