Placing an order at SoCalCoralReef.com is simple, safe and secure. We offer a variety of ways to submit your order, including:
SoCalCoralReef.com takes every precaution necessary to protect your privacy and personal information. When submitting sensitive information (such as a credit card number) via our website, that information is collected, encrypted and protected by the best encryption technology available in the industry—SSL. SoCalCoralReef.com uses 128-bit encryption, the most advanced form of SSL software presently available.
Our knowledgeable staff of aquarium experts is on hand to answer your questions and accept your order when you are ready to make a purchase. You can reach our customer service team via telephone by dialing 1-714-393-3359 Monday thru Friday from 8 AM to 10 PM PST.
- Your name, shipping address, telephone number and email address (if available).
- Applicable item numbers, along with the item’s full name, price and quantity.
- Please add standard shipping costs of $10.(see Standard Ground Shipping Cost) on orders totaling less than $150
- If you have provided an email address with your mail/fax order, we will send you an order confirmation email. We will also email applicable tracking information once your products have shipped from our warehouse. If for any reason, an item is out-of-stock or back ordered, we will immediately contact you to let you know.
We currently accept the following forms of payment:
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
We offer a huge selection of products from hundreds of different manufacturers, divided into several different categories. The easiest way to find anything on our site is to use our search feature. You can search by the name of the product, manufacturer, etc.
Whether you're searching for something in particular or just looking to discover a new product, we can help. Simply enter a few words into our search box on our homepage, and we will show you all matching results. Another great way to use our site is to just browse around. Click on any of the categories to get started. You will notice you can even search by price range, etc.
We hope you enjoy the ultimate in on-line shopping experiences and want you to know we value every person coming to SoCalCoralReef.com.
We offer quite possibly the lowest prices on the products in our store. We constantly work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. All prices are listed in U.S. dollars. (We do not have a currency converter in our store, but several Web sites provide this service. Any order placed on SoCalCoralReef.com will be charged in U.S. dollars.)
If you think our pricing for a particular item isn't competitive with that of other on-line retailers, you can notify us by emailing .
In certain instances, SoCalCoralReef.com may lower our prices. Some instances where we will not lower our prices are as follows:
In the event a product listed on our website is labeled with an incorrect price due to some typographical, informational, technical or other error, SoCalCoralReef.com shall at its sole discretion have the right to refuse and/or cancel any order for said product and immediately amend, correct and/or remove the inaccurate information.
- Competitor’s product is not an exact match (make and or model) with ours.
- Competitor’s total price (which includes shipping, handling, rebates, taxes, etc.) is higher.
- Competitor with the lowest price is out of stock.
- Competitors product is refurbished, reconditioned, etc.
- Product is a closeout or clearance item(either at our site or the competitors)
- Competitor is not manufacturer authorized.
Except where noted, the MSRP displayed for products on our website represents the full retail price listed on the product itself, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with standard industry practice. The MSRP is a comparative price estimate and may or may not represent the prevailing price in every area on any particular day.
We negotiate with product manufacturers to secure the lowest possible pricing so we can pass the savings along to shoppers and hopefully earn their business. We also work with brands to offer shoppers even greater incentives throughout the year, like bulk discounts, seasonal markdowns and other special promotions (like a free item with purchase, for example).
However, a small number of the 180+ brands we carry cannot be discounted due to minimum advertised price (MAP) rules. The good news for shoppers is that we always sell these items for the lowest prices allowed by their manufacturers to ensure you always pay the lowest price when you shop with us.
The following list contains all of the brands that currently have MAP price restrictions:
- Algae Free
- Aqua Illumination (AI)
- ATI Light Fixtures
- Bubble Magus
- Cobalt Aquatics
- Current USA (select items)
- Danner Mfg.
- Digital Aquatics
- EcoTech Marine
- Hanna Instruments
- Innovative Marine
- Neptune Systems
- New Life
- Polyp Lab
- Reef Octopus
- Rod's Food
- Trigger Systems
Placing an Order
SoCalCoralReef.com has made ordering on our website as simple as possible for our customers.
- Locate the product(s) you'd like to purchase.
- Click the Add to Cart button for the appropriate item.
- Once all of the items you'd like to purchase are added to your cart, click on the "Continue to Checkout" button.
- Log In to you personalized MarinDepot.com account or select Guest Checkout to continue.
- Fill out the appropriate Billing and Shipping Information, Select of form of payment. Click the "Checkout" button.
- You're done! Print the following page as your invoice or add a password if you'd like us to create an account for you.
If you did not receive an order confirmation via email, even though you clicked the submit order button, we recommend that you contact us via email at Contact Us
or call us at 1-714-393-3359 to confirm that we received your order, and to further assist you.
Once you place an order with SoCalCoralReef.com and the order is processed, you will receive an email confirmation that same day with your tracking number. To track your order, please go to our website and log in.
We will do everything possible to keep you informed of your order via email. Tracking numbers are sent via email once they are available. The emails are usually sent on the evening of your order ship date by UPS, FedEx or the selected courier. On the rare occasion that you do not receive this information, you may email us at Contact Us
or give us a call at 1-714-393-3359 for your order status or tracking number. We will also contact you via email, unless noted otherwise, if there are any issues regarding your order.
How to Cancel an Order
We begin processing orders immediately after they are placed on our website. If you need to cancel an order before it ships from one of our warehouses, you have a small window of opportunity to do so. You can sign into your account to cancel the order yourself on-line if the order hasn't already begun processing. You can also call us at 1-714-393-3359 within 5-10 minutes of placing your order so we can try canceling it for you. We will make every effort to honor your cancellation request! If your order has already entered the shipping process, unfortunately we are unable to grant your cancellation request.
Shoppers generally appreciate how quickly we process and pack orders. However, we understand this can be frustrating should you decide to cancel an order before it ships and are informed it’s too late. Don’t worry, though: you can request a RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization) within 60 days of the date your order ships and send the item back to us for a refund with no restocking fee.
To make returning merchandise easy, you can print out a pre-paid return shipping label during your RMA application. You pay nothing up front—the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. You can also send the item back to us using the shipping courier of your choice if you prefer.
One last note: if you place an order with us and refuse delivery, we will charge your original method of payment (your credit/debit card or PaylPal account, for example) a 25% restocking fee. The reason we do this is because the shipping courier charges us the return shipping costs if you refuse the delivery.
The availability on each item's product page refers only to how long it will take that item to leave our warehouses once you place your order. It does not include the time your order will take to reach you once we ship it. Shipping time depends upon the carrier who is shipping your product and shipment method. The following is a list of the several types of availability estimates you might see for items in our stores.
- Usually ships in 24 hours: we expect to ship your order within 24 hours of your order. Because these items often enter the shipping process immediately, it is difficult to modify an order containing items that usually ship in 24 hours. When ordering such items, please double-check the details of your order before submitting it.
- Usually ships in 2-3 days: we expect to receive the item from our vendors and ship it to you within 2 to 3 days of your order.
- Usually ships in 1-2 weeks: we expect to receive the item from our vendors and ship it to you within 1 to 2 weeks of your order.
- Back Ordered: our vendors are unable to predict when they will have more of your product in stock, but we hope to be able to ship it to you within 3 to 5 weeks.
- Limited availability: This means the product you have chosen to purchase has a very limited stock available. We will inform you by e-mail if any items in your order prove to be unavailable.
On frequent occasions SoCalCoralReef.com will have great promotional offers available. When taking advantage of one, be sure to read the entire list of restrictions associated with that promotion. If your order does not seem to reflect all the benefits mentioned in the promotion, you may want to review the specific promotion's restrictions. To qualify for a specific promotion, your order must be placed during the specified promotion period. We are unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of a promotional offer.
Call us immediately at 1-714-393-3359 to let us know of the issue. Due to the number of orders we receive, we may not catch the duplicate order and both orders may be shipped if we are not informed.
Drop-ship and special ordered merchandise can require an additional 3-4 weeks for delivery. Overweight and/or over-sized merchandise may be subject to additional shipping charges. Some products are available in 220/240V configurations; please contact us for pricing and details.
Customers are solely responsible for any shipping charges incurred when sending back defective merchandise including but not limited to brokerage fees, taxes and tariffs. Warranties for some products are handled directly by the manufacturer. Please click here for details.